KTMB is hiring!
KTMB Mission: Dedicated to creating a cleaner, more beautiful region through education and active community involvement.
Program Coordinator Position Description
Under general supervision of the Operations Manager, the Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of beautification projects and initiatives, as well as community and youth education programs related to the mission and vision of Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful (KTMB). The Program Coordinator consults with the Program Committee under the leadership of the KTMB Board of Directors and Executive Director to strategically plan and set priorities for KTMB events/programs/projects.
- Responsible for program and project logistics and implementation including correspondence with program partners, event logistics, volunteer recruitment, and record keeping
- Support KTMB’s facilitation of the Illegal Dumping Task Force
- Consult with Program Committee to strategically plan and set priorities for KTMB programs
- Create and sustain relationships and partnerships with representatives from municipal, state and federal agencies and organizations
- Respond to program and project requests and inquiries in a timely manner
- Work with Operations Manager to implement programs within the parameters of each program budget
- Maintain tool and program supply inventory, especially at the end of a program/project
- Assist with tracking all quantifiable information, including volunteer participation, program outcomes and results, and in-kind donations after each completed project
- Evaluate program effectiveness (i.e., distribute surveys to volunteers and Project Leaders after each program, review feedback, and strategically implement suggestions and ideas to improve programs on an annual basis)
- Keep accurate electronic database files for volunteer rosters, organizational partners and sponsors
- Collaborate with Program Assistant to generate and distribute thank you letters and other forms of acknowledgment to volunteers, Project Leaders, and organization sponsors/partners in a timely manner
- Recruit, coordinate, and communicate with volunteers prior to KTMB events/programs/projects
- Engage dedicated volunteers as Project Leaders, supervise and effectively train all Project Leaders
- Maintain a diversified volunteer development system, including recruitment, training, and recognition
- Sustain consistent communications with KTMB volunteer Project Leaders
- Develop and assist with facilitation of an annual leadership training for Project Leaders and Board members
Other Duties As Assigned
- Attend community events to promote KTMB mission and programs
- A bachelor’s degree and/or two years experience in a related field such volunteer coordination, event planning or program coordination
- Excellent communications skills, including writing, telephone, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Computer experience and competence, especially with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Publisher) as well as e-mail/website/internet applications.
- Must have access to a vehicle and have a valid Driver’s License.
Ability to lift 20 or more pounds.
Passion for environment and/or community development
Two years of professional work experience in event management/coordination, volunteer coordination and management, non-profit program management, and supervisory experience.
A sense of humor
Benefits: Flexible hours and friendly working environment. Three percent of salary to SEP IRA retirement benefit, and an additional ten percent of salary paid in lieu of health insurance.
Hours: The Program Manager is a salaried exempt position with some evening and weekend hours.
Salary Range: $30 – $35k
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 24