Results of KTMB’s Christmas Tree Recycling 2013-14
KTMB’s Christmas Tree Recycling program over for the year. If you still have a tree, you can take it to RT Donovan or Full Circle Compost.
The next program will start December 26, 2014. Please bring clean trees (no tinsel, lights or stands) to the following three drop-off locations in the Truckee Meadows.
- Shadow Mountain Sports Complex 3300 Sparks Blvd, Sparks, NV
- Bartley Ranch Regional Park, 6000 Bartley Ranch Rd (off of Lakeside Dr), Reno, NV
- Rancho San Rafael Park, 1595 N Sierra St. (Coleman St entrance), Reno, NV
Suggested donation: $3 per tree. Donations are tax deductible, and each donation is generously matched by the NV Energy Foundation!
KTMB’s Christmas Tree Recycling program
- provides the community with convenient disposal of cut Christmas trees,
- preserves landfill space,
- reduces illegal dumping,
- improves air quality through reduced green wood burning,
- provides mulch for area park and open space projects, and
- models effective conservation practices for our present and future.
Since 2003, more than 100,000 trees have been recycled through the Christmas Tree Recycling program. Our 2013-2014 program collected 10,363 Christmas trees from three drop off locations in Washoe County. These trees were recycled into mulch to be used in area parks.
Thank you to all of the volunteers and partners who help make this program such a success, and to the NV Energy Foundation for matching every Christmas Tree Recycling donation up to $10,000!
KTMB’s Christmas Tree Recycling is sponsored by the NV Energy Foundation in partnership with the City of Sparks Parks and Recreation, Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space, City of Reno Urban Forestry, Sierra Fire Protection District, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, Nevada Division of Forestry, Washoe County Health Department, Tholl Fence, Waste Management Recycle America, City of Reno, City of Sparks, and Washoe County.