KTMB’s Christmas Tree Recycling program is sponsored by NV Energy, and
- provides the community with convenient disposal of cut Christmas trees,
- preserves landfill space,
- reduces illegal dumping,
- improves air quality through reduced green wood burning,
- provides mulch for area park and open space projects, and
- models effective conservation practices for our present and future.
Since 2003, more than 90,000 trees have been recycled through the Christmas Tree Recycling program. Our 2011-2012 program collected more than 10,000 Christmas trees from three drop off locations in Washoe County. These trees were recycled into mulch to be used in area parks.
Thank you to all of the volunteers, partners and sponsors who help make this program such a success!
Thank you to NV Energy for matching every Christmas Tree Recycling donation up to $10,000! We met our match!
Our project partners include City of Sparks Parks and Recreation, Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space, City of Reno Urban Forestry, Sierra Fire Protection District, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, Washoe County Health Department, Tholl Fence, Waste Management Recycle America, City of Reno, City of Sparks, and Washoe County.